“Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping him up.” – Jesse Jackson
Empathy is trying to understand what another person is feeling. It is seeing the world through another’s eyes. It helps people to get along better and to feel better.
Having empathy is a key ingredient to becoming the best person you can be.
You can practice empathy by:
· listening to someone rather than trying to talk to them
· asking someone how they are feeling if you think there is something wrong
· learning about people from different backgrounds and cultures
· showing concern and care for others
· paying attention to the needs of others
· getting to know someone better instead of judging them
Empathy is easy to say, but hard to do. Practice empathy in your life and the World will be a better place because of You!